Priority Bicycles x You Are Not Alone Murals
This May we’re rolling out a special initiative coined "Priority Delivers" in support of Mental Health Awareness Month and You Are Not Alone Murals—a public art project founded by long-time friends and creative collaborators Annica Lydenberg and Samantha Schutz.
This May we’re rolling out a special initiative in support of Mental Health Awareness Month and You Are Not Alone Murals—a public art project founded by long-time friends and creative collaborators Annica Lydenberg and Samantha Schutz.
Coined Priority Delivers, we’ve teamed up with a handful of renowned artists—Dirty Bandits, Jason Naylor, Vexta, and Jessie Salinas—who each custom-painted a Priority bicycle that will be used to deliver limited edition postcards with the message “You Are Not Alone” to unsuspecting New Yorkers through a series of group rides. The goal is to spark hope, connection, and conversation about the importance of mental health.
Click here to download the press release.
FUNDRAISER TO BENEFIT NAMI-NYC
The four custom Priority Bicycles can now be yours! CLICK HERE to buy raffle tickets for the chance to win one of these rolling works of art painted by Dirty Bandits, Jason Naylor, Vexta, and Jessie Salinas. All money raised will be donated to NAMI-NYC. The last day to enter is June 17th. Good luck!
HOW IT WORKS
You Are Not Alone Murals can already be found on walls in neighborhoods throughout NYC. Priority Delivers broadens the reach into new communities and places it near schools, hospitals, and treatment facilities. This activation also recreates the emotions of encountering the murals in person—surprise, feeling seen and connected, that the encounter was “meant to be,” and concern about who else might need to hear this message—but on an intimate scale with one-on-one interaction.
WHERE TO FIND PRIORITY DELIVERS
- Wednesday, May 11 | 1-3pm | Astoria, Queens
- Friday, May 13 | 2-4pm | Battery Park City, Manhattan
- Wednesday, May 18 | 1-3pm | Tompkins Square Park & Little Island, Manhattan
- Friday, May 20 | 2-4pm | Battery Park City, Manhattan
- Wednesday, May 25 | 1-3pm | South Street Seaport, Manhattan
- Friday, May 27 | 2-4pm | Battery Park City, Manhattan
- Kevin Adams (@kevinadamsdesigns)
- Mark Canesco (@markcaneso)
- Adam Fujita (@adamfu)
- Nicholas Gilbert (@turnttype)
- Yenny Hernandez (@yennycreate)
- Eric W Lee (@ericleedesign)
- Annica Lydenberg (@dirtybandits)
- Kristle Marshall (@kristhecreative)
- Joanna Muñoz (@winkandwonder)
- Jason Naylor (@jasonnaylor)
- Jessie Salinas (@jessie.salinas)
- Vexta (@vexta)
Every recipient receives two postcards: one to keep and one to send the message along.
- Distribution of 10,000 postcards featuring nine designs printed by MOO
- Postcard art curated from works contributed to YANAM
- Twice a week during May, volunteer cyclists will distribute postcards to unsuspecting New Yorkers
- Deliveries will be made using four custom-painted Priority Bicycles
- At the end of May, the custom bicycles will be raffled off via RallyUp with all proceeds donated to NAMI-NYC
ABOUT YOU ARE NOT ALONE MURALS
The mental health art project began in 2019 with three Brooklyn murals featuring the phrase “You Are Not Alone” and using a color palette of yellow, black, white, and gray. It has expanded to include 35 murals painted across the United States and abroad. It was founded by long-time friends Annica Lydenberg (Dirty Bandits), art director, lettering artist, and mural painter, and Samantha Schutz, publishing director, mental health advocate, and the author of the critically-acclaimed anxiety disorder memoir, I Don’t Want to Be Crazy. www.YouAreNotAloneMurals.com